Make a meaningful impact an In-Room Dining and Event Support at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, Manhatta, Daily Provisions and Porchlight to name a few!
The IRD and Event Support at Marta acts as an agent in order to provide the best possible service to each and every guest.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll have access to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of In-Room Dining service. Consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout daily task
- Ensure constant communication with team members, management, supervisor and The Redbury Hotel at all times during service
- Accurately identify room numbers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the difference in roles of the In-Room Dining and Event Support team and their individual responsibilities
- Room Service: Taking and receiving guest orders, preparing trays/ orders, communicating at all times with Marta Host Stand and Marta Pass/ Expo. Accurately fill in and update time log, close out IRD checks. Ring in all Amenities, confirm rooms with hotel Concierge & Front Desk, prepare all amenities and deliver. Forwarding phone to and from guest relations. Run check out report
- Floor Run: Daily task at the start of your shift, walk through all hotel floors with IRD cart and collect all Marta equipment outside of room
- Tray Run: Middle of shift task, make a list of all room numbers using IRD Order Log Book, go to each room to collect all trays and equipment that was delivered the night before or earlier that day. Confirm all pick-ups in log book. Do all dishes and tidy office after tray run
- Event Support: Assist with event set-up, break downs and reset. FOH and BOH Support tasks include but not limited to; coat check, lobby greeter, maintaining dish pit during events, polishing and space tidy
- Event Support List: Daily support list with side work to be completed during downtime, restocking all areas in IRD, Vini e Fritti, Marta and 2nd-floor Event Space. Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas, reliably complete all assigned side work.