Content Project Manager
Do you have the energy, passion and drive to lead critical projects across our business?
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our Content Development Team in Dublin to deliver strategic projects supporting large-scale content production, new product launch as well as digital programs. This is an opportunity to join our team as we grow our new learning platform and lead the way in corporate learning.
About the role
Highly motivated and collaborative, as a Project Manager, you must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be comfortable dealing with development teams, vendors, senior management and customers alike. You must have a logical approach to problem-solving and the ability to inspire others.
- Analyzing, defining and planning project requirements, schedule, and measurements of success
- Establishing and controlling the project’s budget, schedule, procedures and processes
- Ensuring quarterly/annual production targets and deadlines are met, as well as individual customer and contractual commits.
- Proactively managing customer expectations and communications
- Working with globally-distributed third party vendors, internal stakeholders, and management to clearly communicate the content development roles and responsibilities for each team member and managing the quality of the deliverables from those vendors throughout the process
- Managing the tender process with third party vendors, and negotiating and agreeing competitive pricing on behalf of Skillsoft for outsourced production projects
Evaluating and engaging new third party vendors, technologies and services to support the changing production process
- Managing production processes, including coordinating deliveries and schedules from multiple third party vendors working in tandem to deliver content
- Proactively managing changes in project scope
- Identifying and reporting on risk, and developing contingency plans to mitigate that risk, in collaboration with Production Directors
- Managing relationships with customers, including troubleshooting and escalating customer issues as required
- Resolving and/or escalating risks and issues that impact production, budget, schedule, or project scope
- Determining project team structure and identifying and assisting with securing the resources, both internal and external, needed to successfully deliver the project.
- Engaging in resource planning for upcoming projects, including sourcing and recruiting new hires if required
- General resource management
With prior project management experience, ideally within content development, publication or the e-Learning industry, you will be used to managing different project styles, for example Scrum and Lean. In addition, you will have worked with a variety of project lifecycles, eg waterfall, agile, alongside managing a multi-disciplinary team size of 5+
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and MS Project
- Solid analytical skills
- Attention to detail while maintaining a high-level view of processes and operations
- Proven ability to negotiate vendor contracts
- Proven experience with budget management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and team building skills
- Ability to travel if needed
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent! Will you be next to join our team?
Note: Applications for this role will only be considered from candidates who have a legal right to work in Ireland. We are unable to provide sponsorship support to candidates.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.