Content Development Specialist – French
Are you a French-speaking instructional designer or writer with a keen interest in e-learning, video production, and accessibility?
Would you like to join our team of Content Development Specialists, shaping our course content?
The Content Development Specialist is a writer, an editor, an instructor and an accessibility expert in one. This varied role is best suited to someone who enjoys challenging themselves and others to improve their content and the quality of the instruction they produce.
About the role
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholder groups involved in course and video content development
- Produce accessibility and instructional courseware assets as required
- Audit and report on adherence to accessibility guidelines in the development of courseware assets
- Review and validate captions, audio description, and transcripts for video products
- Conduct strategic reviews of accessibility assets in courseware, providing feedback for ongoing improvement to internal and external content development teams
- Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to accessibility writers and instructors
- Onboard and mentor content development teams, ensuring their knowledge and skills meet Skillsoft standards
- Build a strong working knowledge of accessibility guidelines, such as WCAG 2.0, and their implications for content development
- Critically review eLearning content to ensure writing and development standards are applied consistently across all development teams
- Track trends in audit and review results, and analyse root causes for issues identified
- Develop and deliver workshops as required to address issues and facilitate ongoing improvements to content production
- Contribute writing, editing, and training experience, and technical expertise to the content development process
- Develop and deliver documentation, instructional videos, workshops, and training sessions as required
A native French speaker you will have a strong instructional design, eLearning, or training background. You will have several years’ experience writing, editing, or creating content for regular production. With excellent editorial skills alongside a strong attention to detail, you will be happy working off your own initiative when necessary.
- Qualification in technical writing, instructional design, or education desirable
- Experience in the mass production of video-based training or e-learning an advantage
- Experience in localization an advantage
- Fluent English would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accessibility standards highly advantageous
- Experience creating video training an advantage
- Ability to provide strong constructive feedback to writers and other developers
- Expert user of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, with working knowledge of Excel for tracking and production purposes preferred
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent! Will you be next to join our team?
Note: Applications for this role will only be considered from candidates who have a legal right to work in Ireland. We are unable to provide sponsorship support to candidates.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.