Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- The Software Engineer I will learn to review, analyze, design, implement, and modify aspects of approved applications.
- The software developer will write code, complete documentation, and unit test systems and applications.
- The Software Engineer I will assist in converting project specifications and procedures into detailed logical flow charts for coding.
- The impact of a developer's work will be seen by making our customers more efficient and have better working environments.
- Coding, unit testing, implementation and maintenance of SumTotal Learning Management development products suite.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Consistently deliver work products that exceed department quality metrics.
- Works collaboratively with Quality Assurance (QA) engineers through participation in the testing process and review of QA documentation.
- Participate in architectural design and review of the technical documents for system design.
- Ensure that the long-term architectural and performance strategies are considered when designing and coding solutions.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical related degree.
- 1-3 years of professional software development experience.
- Ability to contribute individually and work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with a team, work optimally under scheduled deadlines, and have passion for delivering high quality output
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have prior job or internship experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with web application development (.Net or similar) and Database programming (MS SQL or similar).
- Exposure to design/implementation of application using N-Tier architecture
- Strong understanding of Internet and Intranet architecture
- Ability to debug and work with unfamiliar code to fix root cause of problems that might be reported
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.