Make a meaningful impact as a Pastry Cook at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York's most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, and Porchlight to name a few!
Manhatta is seeking talented and experienced Pastry Cooks with a true passion and respect for food, who are excited to join our ambitious team! We are seeking individuals who have great attention to detail, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence and who understand the importance of teamwork.
The pastry department, run by Executive Chef Jason Pfeifer and Pastry Chef Emma Alden, creates everything in-house for daily lunch and dinner services as well as private dining events. The desserts at Manhatta feature subtle nods to the culinary history of New York City and its iconic dishes, as well as the multicultural neighborhoods found presently.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a pastry production or service position
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A strong work ethic and a hunger to learn and grow
- The desire to be a part of a large, fun team of ambitious pastry professionals