We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our Consulting Services team on a 12 month contract.
As an integral member of the Skillsoft sales organization the Solution Architect will support the sales cycle of New Name New Business (NNNB), and existing customers by strategizing with the Sales Directors on sales strategy and product fit, configuring and performing product demonstrations, managing pilots, setting appropriate expectations during the sales cycle, and supporting other processes in the sales cycle.
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Playing a key role in pre-sales by defining the Skillsoft product solution best aligned to the customer's needs and presenting engaging demonstrations to illustrate capabilities, end user experience and outcomes. As the Skillsoft expert on all of our solutions the key responsibilities include;
- Providing pre-sales support by executing and designing engaging demos and pilot requests, articulate value of Skillsoft services and gain understanding of the needs and requirements of the prospect.
- Supporting CSD’s throughout RFI/RFP process including RFP strategy, review of RFP team’s response, follow-up questions, preparing and delivering customer presentation as appropriate.
- Researching and understanding the prospect’s business to better consult with sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
- Conducting regular prospect planning sessions with CSD to identify ways to support the progression of the sales cycle for key opportunities.
- Presenting technical requirements and determining when to engage additional Skillsoft SMEs including PSA, Product Management, CCPublishing, Compliance Team, Value Engineers etc.
- Providing Project Management expertise for Pilots relating to site builds, site configuration, kick-off, and results and reporting.
- Maintain knowledge of how Skillsoft content can integrate into third-party LMSs and talent systems. This includes being able to discuss and demonstrate the user experience and best practices for viewing Skillsoft content in third-party systems.
Ideal candidates will have experience in a pre-sales or solutions consultant role in the e-learning/LMS industry.
You will be able to problem solve and make decisions based on critical data as well as customer requirements. A confident, proactive individual you will demonstrate a superior level of customer service skills with a responsive, positive attitude and professionalism. The ability to plan, conduct, track and communicate tasks and progress for prospects and internal initiatives at all levels, and to specifically manage multiple concurrent projects is essential.
A confident facilitator for group activities, as well as being able to present to large and small groups, both for live and virtual activities, you will be comfortable dealing with customers at all levels including executive.
This is a UK field based role with 35-40% travel to customer sites.
Additionally, you will need
- Knowledge of key desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint and Excel to increase daily efficiency; Digital skills in the area of graphic editing tools such as Photoshop, HTML Editors such as Dreamweaver and basic HTML knowledge would be beneficial
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of Skillsoft products and solutions to execute and design engaging demos, articulate core services and gain understanding of the needs and requirements of the prospect would be an advantage
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent! Will you be next to join our team?
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.