Channel Development Executive
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft is currently seeking an experienced professional sales executive with a history of over performance in quota attainment to join our team as a Channel Development Executive. The successful candidate will work with new and existing channel partners to develop unique value propositions and business partnerships utilizing our industry-leading e-Learning solutions that drive increased revenue and profitability.
As a Channel Development Executive, you will manage all aspects of sales cycles within an assigned accounts and prospects, and apply solution and consultative sales skills to manage account cycles with new and existing channel partners. You will consult with and lead channel partners through sales cycles commensurate with their respective markets.
Our Channel Development Executives are passionate and enthusiastic about sales and understand how to sell value – not products – to our partners and their customers.
- Win new business partnerships and develop existing partnerships for the leading global provider of e-learning content and technology products for business and IT professionals.
- Generate new business via prospecting telephone calls, networking and e-mail
- Leverage prospecting skills to identify, qualify and close new partner business
- Demonstrate strong business acumen with an ability to understand our partners’ business and how Skillsoft can enhance their product offerings, grow revenues and drive value to their end users
- Set face to face meetings with “C” level executives within our target partner marketplace
- Develop and deliver customer presentations that can clearly and powerfully articulate the Skillsoft value proposition
- Develop, maintain and grow an ongoing sales pipeline
- Close sales in complex, long sell cycle situations
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Skillsoft consultative and solution selling process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Minimum of 5 years’ successful sales experience; sales experience must demonstrate ability to exceed sales targets
- Exceptional overall communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Formal understanding of Solution / Consultative Selling
- Understanding of the different steps involved in a sales cycle and how to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
- Ability to manage account sales cycles for Global 5000 organizations
- Ability to interact with senior level corporate management
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Ability to clearly articulate the company’s offerings
- Ability to call high in an organization
- Must be able to demonstrate planning, time management and perseverance necessary to closing a complex sale
- Must be highly creative
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.