Make an impact as a Pastry Extern at Untitled!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Untitled and Studio Cafe features Chef Suzanne Cupps’s acclaimed, deeply seasonal style of contemporary American cooking. The light-filled, airy restaurant, adjacent to the High Line, is inspired by the boldly creative environment of the world-class museum it calls home. Untitled is open daily for lunch and dinner, with a ground floor entrance on Gansevoort Street. We teach our externs to build upon the skills they've already acquired from school and prior work experiences. Each day our externs are actively involved with chefs who are focused and creative teachers. We have developed a strong sense of community that is a clear extension of the Gramercy Tavern lineage. Our goal is to prepare students to join the best kitchens in the world.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Assist with farmer's market trips
- Hone basic knife skills
- Kitchen Cleaning / Sanitation
- Assist cooks in prepping components for their stations
- Learn to set-up a station independently
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Able to stand for longer than 8 hours (must)
- Able to move or lift 50 pounds on an intermittent basis and 35 pounds regularly (must)
- Able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat (must)