Make a meaningful impact as a Bartender at Vini e Fritti!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Bartenders are responsible for greeting guests, strong Italian Wine, Beer and Champagne knowledge (as well as basic cocktail knowledge), maintaining a strong understanding of the menu and its relation to Roman cuisine, and guest experience management skills. Vini e Fritti is an extension of Marta, and will offer it's selection of wine, beer and snacks from 5PM to Midnight.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Previous Bartender experience preferred (1-2 years)
- Basic Food Knowledge
- Strong Beverage Knowledge, with a focus on Italian Wines and Champagne as well as Cocktail Making
- Guest Experience Management Skills
- Experience with POS systems
- Food Safety Knowledge