We are seeking a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Senior UX Designer to join our growing world-wide UX team to create innovative solutions for SumTotal’s HCM products.
About the Role
The Senior User Experience Designer will work with a cross-functional team of UX researchers, product managers and engineers as you design compelling, usable experiences across a breadth of digital platforms. Candidates should have a deep understanding of user-centered design principles, requirement gathering, interaction design, prototyping principals and applications, and an interest in the technical aspects that bring designs to life. They should be proficient in communicating and translating the ideas of the team into presentable formats as well as the ability to lead and champion collaborative design techniques.
- Collaborate with UX research, product management, engineering and QA teams to develop UI design approaches that meet business goals and satisfy user experience needs
- Provide iterative design sketches, mental models, user flows, wireframes and high quality prototypes to describe navigation schema, user tasks, and user journeys for product features or enhancements
- Facilitate design workshops to gain consensus and inform design utilizing user centered design techniques
- Create sketches and prototypes to communicate design concepts to the extended team as well as management
- Work closely with development teams to assure integrity of designs in final products
- Leverage understanding of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, and device capabilities
- Work with other UX team disciplines to develop comprehensive pattern libraries applicable across SumTotal suite
- Lead and mentor junior UX designers to create and implement usable, smart interfaces
- Bachelors or Masters degree in UX Design, Human Factors, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer for web-based, mobile or desktop software applications defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements and specifications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in UX design and documentation applications (wireframing, prototype development) such as Invision, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Experience working in Agile development teams and with other development methodologies
- Capable self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize effectively, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- A humble expert with an open-mind who knows that great ideas come from anyone and enjoys learning from and collaborating with others to deliver best-in-class experiences
- Portfolio with projects demonstrating process (conceptualization through realization) and design justification
- Demonstrated understanding of UI complexities such as cross-browser requirements and accessibility standards
- Experience running design workshops a plus
- Solid understanding of user-centered and design thinking principles
- Careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements concurrently
- Experience designing interfaces to support a broad range of responsive/adaptive HTML/CSS Frameworks