We are looking for an experienced UX designer with the right mix of creative and technical/analytical skills to join our agile development team.
As an experienced designer, you will work independently and with product managers and other UI developers to define and prototype new features, test-drive new concepts and ultimately implement them for production usage.
You should excel at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. You should have an eye for visual design, care of detail as you iterate on complex interactions and pixel perfect user interface.
A good understanding of contemporary user-centred design methodologies is a must.
- A strong portfolio featuring design work for enterprise, that showcases information architecture, interaction design, information design, visual design and mobile design skills and how the designs lead to positive business outcomes.
- Exposure to basic user research techniques such as contextual inquiry, user interviews, usability testing, card sorting and/or related techniques.
- Translate concepts into wire-frames and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
Experience performing Heuristic Evaluations and Usability Tests as well as documenting results and translating the findings into design improvements.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Experience working with the Agile methodology, End or Lean UX.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
Accredited post-secondary User Experience and/or Visual/Graphic Design-focused program (3+ year programs preferred)
Minimum 5 years of working experience in UX/IX-related positions
Design portfolio required
Fluent with design sketching and prototyping, such as paper (of course), mid fidelity, Hi fidelity.
You love sketching concepts, optimizing flows and provide visionary designs. You think big but act pragmatically where need be.
You must have an excellent design portfolio that showcases their creative and practical skills (provide PDF or URL of sample design work).
Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, illustrator, InDesign, MS office