Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Reservationist to join the team!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We’re looking for an intelligent, confident, organized and thoughtful individual who exemplifies USHG’s core Family Values of hospitality, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and integrity. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, non-stop environment, is adept at prioritizing tasks, possesses excellent communication skills both with guests as well as colleagues, loves solving problems, building long-lasting relationships, and creating positive outcomes. The ability to be strategic, flexible, proactive, calm under pressure, resourceful and efficient is in your DNA. Superior verbal and written communication skills, strong decision-making ability, sense of urgency, empathy and attention to detail is crucial.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Operate within a reservations department that delivers enlightened hospitality and excellent service at all times.
- Professional, articulate and punctual.
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional customer service.
- Act as the reservations liaison between the guest and Maitre d’ for all full-service restaurants at USHG.
- Demonstrate proper use of guest notes and reservations notes and ensure to communicate all guest information and requests to deliver Enlightened Hospitality.
- Exhibit professionalism when speaking to guests and communicating information.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Experience in a front of house role in a hospitality business preferred
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Knowledge of Resy & Open Table a plus
- Full-time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays)