Make a meaningful impact as a Bartender at Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Maialino, or "Little Pig" in Italian, is a Roman Style Trattoria within the Gramercy Park Hotel that first opened its doors in November of 2009. Maialino is a true neighborhood trattoria, offering a menu that is reflective of both the tradition of Roman cuisine and the rich culture of modern day New York City. We place an emphasis on seasonal cuisine and source many of the ingredients found on the menu from the local Farmer's Market in Union Square, just a few blocks away. The Bar at Maialino provides exciting cocktails, wine and other beverages to our guests throughout the whole restaurant! Its seats have become a home away from home for many in the neighborhood, greater NYC area as well as guests from around the world staying at the Gramercy Park Hotel.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- A working knowledge of and the ability to execute recipes for cocktails and house-made ingredients such as syrups.
- An advanced understanding of wine, beer. classic cocktails, creative cocktails, mixology principles, and beverage pairing principles
- 1-2 years restaurant experience in a font of house or bar position
- Previous experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate filling all guest orders with seamless service
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a Bartending role
- A general understanding of the proper steps of service required of all Front of House service positions
- Culinary and/or Beverage Degree/Certification(s)
- Hospitality Degree/Certification