Union Square Events is seeking an Event Sales Coordinator to join the team!
Job Summary: The Event Sales Coordinator will work closely with the Event Sales Managers to ensure efficient and seamless planning and execution of off-premises catered events, driving the cycle of Enlightened Hospitality. Daily responsibilities are both administrative and operational, and the Event Sales Coordinator is expected to work independently and collaboratively while embodying our Family Values.
Reports to: Associate Director of Operations & Catering, The Shed
Direct Reports: none
Core Tasks & Key Responsibilities
Support all client communications relating to the sales cycle for catered internal and rental events, ensuring the highest quality experience for clients is consistently delivered, with the goal of meeting or exceed exceeding monthly and annual sales budget.
- Engage with potential and existing clients through phone and email correspondence, and ensure all necessary information is obtained.
- Respond promptly to new inquiries, in collaboration with Event Sales Managers.
- Create proposals, estimates, contracts and invoices using CaterXpert.
- Arrange for and attend site visits, walk-throughs and tastings as needed, and capture detailed notes.
- Support business development by creating repeat business through cultivation of strong, caring relationships with clients throughout and beyond the event-planning process.
- Engage in active understanding of annual events, competition, new venues, and trends in New York Metro area.
- Maintain awareness of progress towards sales budget goals.
Facilitate all internal communications relating to the production of events, while meeting weekly deadlines for completion of food, beverage, warehouse and rental equipment orders.
- Communicate with clients regarding event floorplans, time-lines, insurance, permitting, and rental equipment requirements.
- Create rental equipment orders, and coordinate billing with rental companies and clients.
- Create BEOs, Staff Orders, Beverage, Alcohol, Equipment and Disposable Orders, and Invoices, ensuring accuracy and that weekly deadlines are met.
- Capture all event details, timing and special requests on BEOs for assigned events.
- Actively participate in weekly BEO meetings to review menus, logistics, special requests, VIPs and greater context for upcoming events.
- Communicate custom menu requests to BOH team and manage process of on-going menu revisions.
- Communicate relevant information, including guest count changes, menu changes, and logistics details to appropriate departments.
Guide and support on-site event planning and execution, while embodying the Family Values.
- Represent Union Square Events on-site, with professionalism and behavior reflective of Enlightened Hospitality.
- Provide Event Captains with direction, to ensure seamless execution of agreed upon objectives and that client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Act as liaison between client, Union Square Events team, The Shed, and other vendors as needed.