Position Title: MYSQL DBA
Reports to: Pramod Allamaraju
Office Location: Hyderabad
Working on Content that can be used here for STS and SS - WIP
Position Overview/ Job Summary
DBA team is looking for a MYSQL DBA with 4-5 years
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Ability to identify and implement monitoring policies.
- Experience in upgrades, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Analyze server resources usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Prepare knowledge base articles, documentations and specifications.
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL.
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler.
- Ability to plan resource requirements depending on the past usage analysis.
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management activities.
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements.
- Familiarity with other RDBMS / NoSQL databases such as SQL Server, MongoDB.
- Experience with latest MYSQL versions.
- The purpose of this section is to communicate the skills and experience that are “nice-to-haves” and could put the candidate over-the-top.
- Looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills.
- Certifications related to MYSQL or LINUX will be added advantage.
- Candidate with knowledge on SQL Server would be of additonal help.