Learning Consultant, Professional Services
Engagement Manager, Professional Services
The Learning Consultant is an integral member of the Skillsoft organisation. The Learning Consultant will clearly articulate and demonstrate advanced learning methodologies and best practices to Skillsoft’s customer base having a focus on project management (virtual) instruction, delivering live training classes, or the production of recorded/on-demand training classes. The Learning Consultant will be accountable to both internal and external stakeholders for the fulfillment of all activities related to Professional Services from a sales support, operational, and business model standpoint. The primary focus of the position will be on the operational aspects of fulfilling customer commitments per the assigned projects and contracts. The role may also focus on internal training needs. The Learning Consultant may be responsible for managing several projects at once, internal and external, and will be responsible for the full life-cycle of each project.
- Deliver phone-and-web-based, synchronous (real-time) training.
- Support the creation of guides and delivery methods used in the delivery of training.
- Review and revise instructional content, including quality assurance of instructional content created by others.
- Conduct ongoing research and development on specific discipline areas, and utilise this information to enhance student learning experience.
- Help develop and manage training programs for prescribed needs.
- Manage the development and delivery of service solutions for Skillsoft clients.
- Work with account teams to focus on customer’s specific program needs (e.g. creation of integrated multi-vendor blended learning solutions, stakeholders engagement throughout the client enterprise for analysis and alignment of learning solutions, aligning content to competency models and training needs, custom reporting and trend analysis to support value measurement, change management to support learning adoption, marketing and communication to support solution awareness, complex global roll-outs, etc.)
- Keep up-to-date on course/curriculum offerings, changes to certification tracks, and newly released versions of Percipio, Skillport and Skillsoft products.
- Act as a subject matter expert for customised customer services solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed project work plans.
- Evaluate project risks and raise to management in order to develop contingency plans and to respond to change in risk factors as the project progresses.
- Coordinate multi-vendor learning initiatives, platform integrations and learning asset solutions.
- Conduct and participate in customer meetings virtually to collect and understand customer business needs around those services provided.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in customer relationships.
- Analytic thinking skills, with an ability to make decisions and keep clients informed as warranted.
- Excellent communication/facilitation skills and diplomatic problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management, time management and organisational skills, able to perform under pressure.
- Team player and a strong relationship builder.
- Ability to work varied schedules, including some evenings.
- Ability to participate and contribute in a team-oriented environment, exhibiting cooperation.
- Strong experience with virtual and collaboration web tools.
- Certification related to facilitation or instruction will be considered an asset.
- University degree in education, or a combination of post-secondary education and related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and delivery of training/facilitated learning.
- Understanding of common web technologies (browsers, html).
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken.)
- Advanced level of desktop application skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Access) with ability to learn new technologies and applications quickly.
- Experience or familiarity with the computer-based training market is a strong asset.
- 10% travel across Australia and New Zealand and as and when required.
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiative – Recognises opportunities and initiates actions to capitalise on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
- Building Organisational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organisation. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organisation are met.