The VP of Sales Operations will be responsible for managing the processes, administration, technology and strategy for enabling the sales team to perform at maximum effectiveness. The leader will collaborate directly with the global heads of acquisition, account management and new product sales, in designing the systems to optimize growth. The leader will be counted upon to provide experience, expertise and thought leadership to execute sales territory management, compensation plans, reporting, training and processes management to govern daily operations. This person will work with a fast-paced and passionate group of team members who are working to be a part of a pioneering effort to build the next phase of tremendous growth for the company.
The VP of Sales Operations will report to the SVP of Global Sales Operations and will be an essential leader in driving revenue growth, efficiency and transformational sales initiatives. The leader will be a key member of the leadership team that takes us to the next level of business growth. The leader will provide strategic counsel and operational guidance to the sales, service and marketing executive teams to improve sales effectiveness.
This person will bring an analytical capability that enables us to continually improve performance and drives new revenue growth.
What You'll Do
• Provide strategic leadership to design and administer all sales processes, policies and programs to drive sales effectiveness and productivity
• Design and document the standards and rules of engagement that direct how Skillsoft’s sales staff engage with the customer and with each other
• Build territory management, prospect processing, and sales reporting capabilities to optimize sales performance
• Relentlessly analyze the business and proactively offer insights and recommendations to the sales and executive leadership team
• Design and implement sales compensation plans that align with company objectives, motivate sales staff, and drive productive behavior.
• Partners with Finance & HR to attract, coach, develop and retain a high-performing business team
• Collaborate with sales leaders and Learning & Development team to design sales training programs to optimize individual and team performance
• Input governance technology and programs to improve sales productivity
• Work with executive leaders to development optimal sales enablement systems
Who You Are
• Leadership experience managing Sales Operations function in fast-growing, high-transaction volume, in technology industry including consulting, sales operations, market intelligence, and business strategy
• Experience in global B2B SaaS sales enablement process management, KPIs, business analytics, technology and compensation management strategy
• Exceptional people leader: acquire, develop and retain top industry talent to perform beyond expectations
• Strong strategic, analytical ability and intellectual curiosity to drive performance improvement and solve business challenges
• Change management leadership ability to administrate process improvements in large scale sales operations
• Cross-functional collaboration and influence ability at senior most levels of an organization
• Team playing collaborator with highest levels of integrity
• Highly organized, but entrepreneurial with a desire to act quickly
• Strong leader—action oriented and leads from the front
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent. Master’s degree in Business & Administration highly preferred
12+ years of experience in a Sales Operations/Strategist Leadership, a must; with a demonstrated success in building and coaching an efficient Sales Operations & Enablement team
• Quantitative and Statistical Analysis skills a must - extracting key insights from large data sets, segmenting customers or behaviors into distinct groups which can be targeted for improvement
• Exceptional analytical thought process - the ability to break down a complex problem into solvable components, and then finding the fact base to prove/disprove hypotheses about root causes of those components
• Ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, methodologies, and policies
• Positive attitude with a strong drive to continuously improve a sales environment
• Knowledge of change management, communications, and training best practices
• Hands on experience building valuable customer (internal & external) relationships
• Breadth of experience developing/navigating sales reporting tools and technology
• Established track records of conducting sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable deliverables, messages and presentations to all levels of the business.
Who we are:
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!