SumTotal Systems is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Quality Assurance Engineer II. The right candidate must be a team player with strong communication skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment. He or she should enjoy working alone and with technical resources and project leaders as we test our enterprise software applications. This position requires the QA Engineer to hit the ground running with focus on manual testing and creation of automated.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely within the team and across teams, this may require working with remote team(s).
• Review functional requirements and identify test cases.
• Develop and execute test plans.
• Identify, evaluate and document issues with appropriate priority and severity.
• Understand the functionality of the entire product and provide recommendations for enhancements.
• Review software changes to define effective automation or performance test cases and resolve testing gaps.
• Create and maintain automation or performance testing scripts.
• Review automation or performance testing results, report issues and work with other teams to resolve defects in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues with virtual machines and testing environments.
• Ability to troubleshoot and maintain scripts that integrate automation and Jenkins.
Experience and Qualification:
BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent demonstrable experience.
• 2-5 years experience in Software Testing or Quality Assurance Role.
• 1-3 years experience developing automation scripts.
• Experience using JIRA and SQL a plus.
• Experience working on large, complex software projects.
• Self motivated, excellent communication skills, detail oriented, confident, quick learner, critical thinker.
• Enjoys multi-tasking on a daily basis.
• Technical experience with object-oriented methodologies, web technologies, distributed systems or database design, including: Microsoft .NET (C#, XML, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, etc.), C++, HTML, CSS, xPath.