POSITON DESCRIPTION – SumTotal
Director, Alliances – APAC
VP, Alliances – Global
The Director, Alliances will demonstrate strong sales and business development skills focused on driving top-line revenue growth through the development of existing alliance relationships and new partner acquisition across the APAC region. The Director of Alliances will work with Alliance partners and the direct Field Sales teams to drive engagement, execution and revenue while focusing relentlessly on excellent customer experiences.
- Thorough relationship-focused efforts to win “hearts and minds” of new and existing partners.
- Provide credible executive level leadership with partners’ executive leadership, to build trust and quickly achieve “trusted advisor” status.
- Coherently explain Sumtotal Alliances program value proposition to both partners and internal stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships by clearly positioning Sumtotal’s value proposition to partners and drive engagement along with direct Field Sales.
- Identify, recruit, and develop new partner relationships that support the Alliances strategic plan.
- Participate with senior leadership to establish and execute strategic plans and objectives to drive desired business growth.
- Provide leadership and support to help both internal and extended teams achieve their goals.
- Focus on top-line revenue growth through existing partner account expansion and new partner acquisition.
- Drive a partner business strategy that defines quarterly/annual business objectives, milestones and measurements.
- Works along with the professional services team to build capacity and capability of implementation services/delivery within the partner eco-system in the region.
- Ability to work across virtual teams in across a number of time zones.
- Ability to recognise opportunities and initiates actions to capitalise on them.
- Understanding of various GTM models, with sales and/or business development experience in other software companies.
- Proven experience in developing and successfully executing regional business development plans addressing new partner acquisition and existing partner growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with corporate management and across departments.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- 10+ years of experience working with partners to extend business through indirect channels.
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiative – Recognises opportunities and initiates actions to capitalise on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
- Building Organisational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organisation. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organisation are met.