Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Union Square Cafe!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are looking for a Line Cook who uses their skill set for the betterment of the team that contributes to the perfect balance between “going out” and “coming home” that Union Square Cafe has striven for! Our kitchen depends on a team sport mentality for success, as each Line Cook is asked to be at their personal best each day for the good of the team, and always look to lead their teams to excellence! Our Line Cooks are always finding the “Yes” in order to provide hospitality for our guests! We believe in promoting from within as our executive chefs and senior leaders grew and developed within this enlightened culture.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a line cook position
- Advanced knife handling skills
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable and hardworking
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A strong work ethic and a hunger to learn and grow