Make a meaningful impact as a Concession Supervisors at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Concession Supervisors are seasonal, high-volume hourly food service positions and our ideal candidates are not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage. You will work with the Union Square Events team at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets.
Concessions include: Shake Shack, Blue Smoke on the Road, El Verano Taqueria, Box Frites, and Papa Rosso
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous cash handling experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of concession-style food, service, and beverage programs
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights and weekends
- Must be able to work long hours walking, standing and climbing stairs for several hours at a time
- Lifting requirements range from 10-50lbs
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures
- NYC DoHaMH Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection is a plus