Director – Global Sales Compensation
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
We are seeking a Director of Global Sales Compensation to oversee the global sales compensation process. This highly seasoned leader will be responsible for:
- Sales compensation plan design: Design plans that drive behavior aligned with the company’s objectives and that create a win-win environment for our talented sales professionals
- Plan effectiveness analytics:Constantly evaluate and measure the effectiveness of the sales compensation plans and, where necessary, make recommendations to Management.
- Strategic partnership:Work closely with senior sales leaders and other key stakeholders in order to ensure proper support for plan rollout and administration
- Budget ownership: Oversee the commissions budgeting process based on final go to market organization design including plan cost estimates, accrual tracking and plan change management
- Supervise a staff of 4 compensation administrators and build a team culture that ensures consistent focus on employee development and engagement.
- Oversee the general maintenance of the Xactly commission system and directly manage the relationship with vendor.
- Oversee the accuracy of crediting reports and calculation of commission payouts for over 600 payees
- Oversee the resolution of discrepancies with various stakeholders. Lead analysis of discrepancies to determine key drivers and recommend programs/adjustments to address. Establish processes to resolve issues and exceptions.
- Ensure overall payroll schedule is adhered to so that reps are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Review and approve commission journal entries into our ERP systems. Understanding of ASC 606 impact to commission is a plus. Reconcile prepaid commissions and accrued commissions.
- Partner with FP&A team to develop accurate forecast of monthly/quarterly worldwide commission expense.
- Assist with month end/quarter end close and audits.
- Develop and maintain effective policies and procedures for commission administration and processes.
- Provide Executive level analytics to keep senior management informed of how sales team are performing against targets.
- Lead and / or serve on special projects and task forces as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- 10 + years Commission experience, with minimum of 5 years in a Management role
- Prior experience using and managing Xactly system is required
- Exceptional analytical thought process - the ability to break down a complex problem into solvable components, and then finding the fact base to prove/disprove hypotheses about root causes of those components
- Positive attitude with a strong drive to continuously improve a sales environment
- Knowledge of change management, communications, and training best practices
- Hands on experience building valuable internal customer relationships
- Breadth of experience developing/navigating sales compensation reporting tools and technology
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to effectively communicate with executive leadership as well as with front line sales and management levels
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law