Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The Technical Instructor acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in producing IT content, including the creation, instruction, and support of the content. Technical Instructors are experts in their field who are responsible for the development and delivery of web-based instructional content via several different modalities, such as virtual live training classrooms, recorded studio training, and written and electronic communications in support of the Skillsoft product line.
- Deliver web-based, synchronous (real-time) training on a variety of technologies, including one or more of the following areas: Software Development/DevOps, Cloud, or Data Science/ML/AI
- Prepare for and pass assigned certification exams as needed
- Create effective Technology & Developer instructional content that conforms to prescribed standards
- Given high-level objectives, determine the scope of designated curricula, generate course/lesson/topic breakdowns, and author assessments, exercises, and descriptive metadata
- Support the creation of content used in the delivery
- Review and revise instructional content, including the quality assurance of content created by others
- Provide certified subject matter expertise for a variety of content development initiatives
- Conduct on-going research and development on specific discipline areas and utilize this information to enhance the student’s learning experience
- Collaboration with team members to ensure consistent and high-quality plans and end products
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development and delivery of training/facilitated learning
- Prior experience in an educational or technology-based organization is ideal
- Instructor training experience is an asset
- Experience in a fast-paced environment is also beneficial in this challenging position
- Must be willing to pursue additional training and certifications as requested
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Ability to contribute in a team-oriented environment, exhibiting cooperation and team spirit, is necessary
- Flexibility and adaptability in both action and thought are necessary
- Ability to embrace continuous change and exhibit the adaptability to work within demanding deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, and initiative
- Well-developed problem-solving skills are a necessity
- Occasional International Travel
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.