Director Product Marketing – Leadership and Business Skills Portfolio
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft is currently seeking a Director in Product Marketing focused on our Leadership, Business Skills and Digital Transformation content line to join our Boston-based Product Marketing team.
This role will be responsible for developing, driving and implementing product marketing activities across the leadership product portfolio – which includes Skillsoft Leadership Development Program, Business Skills and Digital Transformation. Activities include go-to-market, product content ideation, creation and execution, field enablement, and on-going marketing support for the Skillsoft Leadership product portfolio. Working closely with the Product Management team, this hands-on role will lead cross-functional market launches and develop strong product positioning and prospect-facing content to support demand gen and brand awareness initiatives to help achieve revenue targets.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Articulate in a compelling fashion the vision and value of the Skillsoft Leadership Solutions product line
- Build go-to-market strategy, plans and activities that support corporate and sales targets for Business and Leadership solutions
- Develop the positioning and messaging for the product, consistent with our target market(s).
- Work with content and writing staff to develop compelling assets that support Leadership, Business, and Digital Transformation Solutions GTM strategy.
- Work with broad Content Product teams to develop and implement product launch plans for new business and leadership products, learning channels
- Lead on-going product marketing programs including user groups, customer newsletters, support our annual user conference and industry events
- Develop focused field enablement tools, messaging for special channels and markets
- Key liaison between Product/Content team, Corporate Marketing, and Sales/Sales Enablement teams
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience in B2B marketing demand generation and/or product marketing
- Experience in developing marketing programs and plans to achieve sales targets through net new customer acquisition, customer retention, and cross-sell/expansion activities
- Subject matter experience with eLearning a plus
- Independent contributor who has a strategic approach to winning more business, competitive positioning, and partnership with product teams to develop new/evolving products.
- Experience in developing buyer personas and sales enablement tools, and developing content to support marketing plans
- Strong writing skills based on experience developing, editing and executing content projects on short timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively present and sell information both internally and externally
- Highly organized and successful in making aggressive deadline commitments and meeting them
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.