Make a meaningful impact as a Associate Director of Venue Hospitality at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Union Square Events is seeking an Associate Director of Venue Hospitality to join the team!
Since opening Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has grown into an innovative family of food and hospitality businesses including fine dining restaurants, museum cafes, casual dining eateries, an executive training business and Union Square Events.
Established in 2005, Union Square Events has emerged as a culinary and operations leader within the hospitality industry. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, Union Square Events produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
The Associate Director of Venue Hospitality Operations leads Sports Operations for licensed and proprietary USHG brands at our various venues. This position serves as a company ambassador and representative for several of our external Food and Venue operators. Venue managers report directly to this position; maintaining consistent and clear communication between them is critical. The Associate Director of Venue Hospitality is tasked with the responsibility of building a culture of Enlightened Hospitality, while ensuring that each venue is financially and operationally sound and delivers on excellent product and service.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Oversee and implement operational decisions for assigned Venue Hospitality units
Establish and develop a high-performance Venue manager team across to deliver outstanding hospitality and excellence to their guests
- Represent and embody our company values at all locations to ensure that performance is up to USE and USHG brand standards
Teach and ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 3 years General Manager or Senior Operations Manager experience
- Strong understanding of concession-style food, service & beverage programs
- Understanding of various sports
- Excellent knowledge of facilities operations
- Understanding of USHG culture & philosophy
- Excellent understanding of sport & entertainment and commissary financial knowledge
- Proficiency in multiple POS platforms (Aloha, Micros, Positouch, Revel, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with Inventory Management Systems (IMS)
- English, Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- NYC Food Handler’s Certificate
- TIPS Certification preferred