Visual Designer II, UX
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The UX Designer II reports to the Director of User Experience and is responsible for designing beautiful products that enhance the experience with our learning products. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an Agile/Lean squad, while leading design projects on both existing and new products. The ideal candidate will excel in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with team collaboration and open communication. You will work closely with members of your team as well as with other squads internationally.
This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established company that is transitioning to Design Thinking within a Lean methodology and cloud products. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and offer a start-up mentality with the stability of a mature company.
- Communicate and present design vision to key stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- Solid understanding of brand and capable of executing designs that support and communicate the brand value.
- Partner with the Product Owners to prioritize design and engineering goals. Contribute and collaborate with team members in formulating data-driven product workflow assumptions
- Be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly execute design work utilizing simulation applications to achieve a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints.
- Produce workflow diagrams, wireframes, and final comps for mobile and responsive desktop applications
- Provide project estimates for UI Design time and effort
- Work with engineers and product managers to implement your designs and work with product and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of designs into the product
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years designing with UI/UX practices, strong understanding of product development, all user experience disciplines, Lean UX and Agile methodologies
- Strong proficiency working with diagramming and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web / mobile-based environments
- Demonstrated experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
- Experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Well-versed in the latest UI/UX trends and technologies.
- Mastery with a range of current design and prototyping tools: Sketch, InVision, etc.
- Individual must be a proactive problem solver and able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and 508 Accessibility (A11Y) guidelines
- BA/BS or related degree
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.