The User Experience Designer reports to the Director of User Experience and is responsible for designing beautiful, intuitive products that enhance the experience with our learning platforms. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an Agile/Lean squad, while collaborating with other UX designers on both existing and new products.
The ideal candidate will excel in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with team collaboration and open communication. You will work closely with members of your team as well as other teams globally. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established company that is transitioning to Agile methodology and cloud products. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and offer a start-up mentality with the stability of a mature company.
- Partner closely with product owners to prioritize product development goals; collaborate with team members in formulating data-driven product workflow assumptions
- Create user interfaces in the product that are beautiful, efficient, and take advantage of next-generation technologies and techniques
- Produce flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final comps for mobile and desktop applications
- Communicate and present design vision to key stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- Actively participate in research activities such as customer interviews and usability testing sessions as needed; able to produce complex working prototypes and make rapid iterations to prototypes that incorporate customer feedback
- Work with engineers to implement designs; work with product and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of designs into the product
- Be a customer advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- Ensure that designs keep to a vision of the desired end-to-end user experience
- Provide project estimates for design time and effort
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience as a hands-on UX designer through the development cycle of successfully launched web applications
- Experience with industry-standard UX practices; strong understanding of product development and all user experience disciplines; experience with Lean UX and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of product design and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web/mobile-based environments
- Demonstrated experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
- Experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Well-versed in the latest UI/UX trends and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a proactive problem solver able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks; must be deeply collaborative and comfortable working as part of a dynamic product team
- Solid understanding of brand standards; capable of executing designs that support and communicate the Skillsoft brand value
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, with excellent follow-through
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and 508 Accessibility guidelines is a strong plus
Education and Certifications
- BA/BS or related degree is preferred