Make an impact as a Seasonal Operations Manager at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Operations Manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness in the areas of logistics/operations, systems implementation, and onsite operational training at our Saratoga Racetrack stand. This individual will be responsible for the evolution and maintenance of the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of our company’s mission. At all times, the Operations Manager leads with a natural inclination to embody and teach our family values of Excellence, Hospitality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Integrity.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure the venue is operating with our established standards of excellence by working along side the management team regularly.
- Supervise and execute shifts when needed to cover temporary shortages in management/supervisory teams.
- Partner with venue management teams to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiency.
- Develops standard operating procedures related to systems and associated training programs.
- Analyze financial results and develop ways to constantly improve COGS and meet the established budgets.
- Trains onsite leaders and hourly staff on the use of systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 3 years of high volume food concession or venue management in a Sports & Retail environment
- Operating knowledge of high volume, fast casual food service operations
- Possess accuracy in cash handling
- An expertise in leading, training, and mentoring hospitality teams
- A strong financial acumen to drive sales and impact bottom line results
- Ability to professionally represent our brand and business partner in all forms of communication and interactions with employees, guests, clients, and business partners
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills required to order product, schedule employees and conduct monthly inventory