Make an impact as a Concessions Supervisor at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Supervisors are responsible for supervising the concession operations at Saratoga Race Course, managing and coaching staff, paperwork, expediting during rushes, quality control of product, maintaining positive guest relations, and post-event operations.
Concession Supervisors are seasonal, high-volume hourly food service positions and our ideal candidates are not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage. You will work with the Union Square Events team at Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Concessions include: Shake Shack, El Verano Taqueria, and Box Frites
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Previous cash handling experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication Knowledge of concession-style food, service, and beverage programs
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights and weekends
- Must be able to work long hours walking, standing and climbing stairs for several hours at a time
- Lifting requirements range from 10-50lbs
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures