Senior Agile Coach & Scrum Master
Are you an experienced Senior Agile Coach & Scrum Master looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment? Are you passionate about the agile methodology and looking to act as an evangelist in the adoption of this methodology? Then consider joining us here at Skillsoft. Our Business Applications department is embarking on a transformation initiative to create a best in class enterprise application architecture through process simplification, application consolidation and full end to end integration. This strategic company initiative will not only involve enhancing existing applications but will include new application implementations as well. We are looking for qualified high energy individuals that will lead project executions that are critical to the business and system transformation strategic objectives.
You could be the one to help us achieve these goals!
You should be ready and willing to improve our delivery of our Enterprise Applications by coaching business application product owners and development team members in all aspects of the standard Agile/Scrum process, including user story creation, release planning, backlog estimation, sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and sprint reviews. You ensure the team operates by the values and practices of Scrum. You should do anything in your power to help the team perform at its highest level.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Embrace and evangelize agile values and principles in the team and across the organization.
- Coach and facilitate to ensure the team follows Agile processes (e.g. self-directed problem solvers) and ceremonies (Daily Standups, Estimation, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Backlog Refinement & Sprint Review/Demo).
- Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Organize, lead and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog with the ability to conduct remedial training if so necessary.
- Remove impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint goals (internal to the team as well as external, dealing with all cross functional teams as appropriate)
- Ensure scrum process is followed properly
- Ensure the team goes through scrum meetings with right objectives and set up achievable goals with necessary acceptance criteria
- Drive process improvements toward consistent delivery of working product
- Help to identify project risks and support mitigation activities
- Ensure tactical plans are communicated to main stakeholders including relevant cross-functional teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in agile practices using Scrum (Lean, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS, etc. optional)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Experience in coaching and training individuals and teams in Agile concepts and practices
- Experience in facilitation, collaboration and soft-skills
- Experience with ERP, Financial, CRM, HR and SaaS systems required
- Innovative and ability to think outside the box for creative problem solving
- Mentors and coaches colleagues and seeks opportunities for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Knowledge of other project management methodologies a plus
Education, qualifications and Certifications:
- BA or BS degree required. BS in Computer Science Preferred
- Certified Scrum Master
- 5-8 years IT project management
- Minimum 4 years working in Agile/Scrum Environment
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.