Principal BI Analyst - Product
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform – Percipio. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and content to create the most effective learning experience possible. As the first Product Analyst on the team, you will help us establish a data driven culture in the product organization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced product analyst to become the trusted partner of the product management team by helping discover product insights from user behavior, opportunities for growth and information to guide decisions. The Percipio users discover learning content (videos, courses, eBooks, audiobooks), consume the content, and track progress along learning paths. You will be responsible for data instrumentation, collection and analysis to help product managers make data driven decisions that increase learner engagement and ultimately help our users achieve their career aspirations.
You will have the opportunity to work with brilliant people around the globe including Product Management, Engineering teams, Content Product Management, Content Development, and User Experience Design departments.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Evangelize a data driven product management culture working closely with VP of Product Management and be the authority on product data collection, accuracy and analysis.
- Lead a cross-functional initiative in developing and implementing product data analytics practices and programs; playing a key role in building the practice.
- Update and propose testing frameworks and/or new analysis tools to improve the capabilities of the product team.
- Help product managers define the right success metrics for new features to meet desired objectives.
- Create and manage Reporting and Visualization using tools such as Google Analytics, Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau to help the product team understand and react to product adoption and utilization.
- Champion data driven product decision making by democratizing data access via easy to use, reliable dashboards.
- Conduct ad hoc complex data analysis for potential discovery of product insights or corroborate/disprove existing hypotheses.
- Work hand-in-hand with engineers, product managers and designers to design statistically significant A/B testing experiments.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Analytical and Data Champion – You’re rigorous in taking a data driven approach to problem solving. You have 5-10 years of proven track record of having influenced product direction and business results in an analyst role. You are very comfortable in doing cohort analysis and analyzing results of A/B testing experiments.
- Technical – You can conduct complex data analysis requiring running complex SQL queries, data cleansing and manipulation. You have worked with data analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Power BI, Tableau or similar.
- Curiosity – You are curious and excited about investigating anomalies in data and will not rest until you understand the root cause.
- Detail oriented – you are known for the quality of your work and ensuring that everything is quality checked before sharing the data broadly. You have an ability to notice patterns in data and to notice when something does not seem right. And you investigate it proactively.
- Great communicator – You’re able to explain your analysis and findings in a straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Collaborator – You have demonstrated experience working with Product Managers and UX designers and understand how to effectively help them meet their needs.
- Proactive Learner – We are all passionate about learning and you fit right in. You might not know all the answers, but you do your own research and ask the right questions to get to what you need to know.
- Teacher – You can easily separate out the noise and find the real signals and can teach others on how to derive reliable and actionable insights from volumes of data.
- You have an undergrad or graduate degree in Statistics, Data Analytics, Finance or Marketing.
- You are intimately familiar with instrumenting data gathering and analysis using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- You have worked on a consumer website analyzing adoption and customer usage patterns / funnel analysis.
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that your internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.