Principal Software Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Apply expert full stack knowledge in SaaS application feature creation and enhancement, performance, scalability, security and engineering best practices.
- Ensure the architectural direction is implemented with quality and long-term functional relevance.
- Strong analytical skills and object-orientated design capabilities
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Assist in re-engineering / migration of legacy platforms and applications to other organizational platforms
- Knowledge on system interdependencies, limitations and mitigating risks
- Hands on development role coding solutions.
- Collaborate and partner with peers locally and across organization to assist in achieving corporate goals.
- Enjoys working with others, eager to help out, self-starter, results driven, helps others succeed, customer focused, comfortable with change, takes pride in work, enjoys a challenge, happy to knowledge share, is not territorial, positive attitude, owns mistakes and learns from them.
Technology – Required:
- 10+ years SaaS Industry experience in software engineering - designing, building and deploying enterprise-class software applications.
- Strong PostgreSQL
- .Net, MSSQL
- Experienced in Microservices and RESTful API’s
- Excellent understanding of server-side database where business logic in SQL may well be better handled in code. Identifying, understanding downstream impact, cost benefit analysis, engineering solution with team consensus.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum in mature shop, can mentor others
- Git, Jenkins, automated deployments
- Experience working on large complex projects
- Experience operating and scaling high-volume, multi-browser, multi-tier integrated Complex enterprise applications built with heterogeneous technologies.
- Well-versed with object-oriented programs, complex database architecture, web application development, security, performance tuning and open source technologies.
Technology - Preferred (not required):
- Knowledge of one of the modern web front end libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- System, Application, Database Performance evaluation
- Automation (front and/or backend), Continuous Integration
- Slack, Jira, Confluence
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
- Commitment to quality, process adherence, best industry practices, and teamwork
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to deliver within critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Understands complex operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with manager and team.
- Willing to lead and be led
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas, supports and champions the success of others
- Willingness to accept direction from manager. Keeps manager apprised of all on going activities on daily basis. Volunteers any changes in status directly.
- Effective leadership, coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Outstanding and tenacious troubleshooting skills.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.