Senior Software QA Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Lead QA testers to develop and implement writing test plans, test matrices related to new and existing applications and systems.
- Execute test plans (including updating and maintaining) then continuously reporting results.
- This position is manual QA currently, with expected development of automation in future.
- Uphold outstanding quality standards through knowledge of exceptional quality processes, tools and best practices to uphold outstanding quality standards.
- Work multiple projects with competing priorities and deliver full testing results.
- Work closely within squad and cross squads.
Preferred skills and experience:
- BS in Computers or IT (or significant comparable technical experience in years)
- ISTQB Certified (preferred, not required)
- 3-5 years in SaaS QA testing as senior or lead QA engineer
- Testing client side, middleware and back end systems - extensive experience with web application testing and knowledge of testing API and Web Services
- Performance Testing (manual and automated) – to run, understand results and write up quality variances with expected results
- Solid Automation exposure.
- Solid Understanding of coding concepts and how to test for coding logic/illogic
- Apply develop and technical skills to all aspects of QA including manual and automated functional, integration and regression tests for varied environments.
- Strong SQL skills
- to be able to read DBA SQL scripts and test results
- query database to verify test results (experience with all joins)
- Multiple years’ experience working in a mature Agile/Scrum environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to focus for extended periods of repetitious activity
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to read technical documentation and translate it into verifiable test plans – works with the product owner and dev team to derive test plan from technical documentation and/or communication
- Willingness to challenge user story impact and then define/refine the acceptance criteria with product owner and development team
- Willingness communicate findings clearly to management early and frequently, as well as members of the development team
- Strong skills for estimating QA effort of how long/complex testing effort will take – must be able to effectively communicate why/how and progress.
- Exceptional Bug Hunter – driven to find bugs. Imaginatively thinks outside of the box and enjoys the challenge of finding the bug no one else thought to look for. If they build it, can you break it?
- Visionary for improved application and system quality improvements
- Problem solver – hunting down a solution to allow testing to continue
- Creating and maintaining QA automation scripts preferred.
- Selenium WebDriver experience preferred.
- Git (command line or GitHub), Postman, Jira, Confluence, Java, MSQL and/or PostgreSQL, Browserstack or Saucelabs knowledge preferred.
- Email delivery systems, imports/exports, data feeds, reporting systems, and/or migrations experience preferred.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
- Enjoys working with others and eager to help out
- Results drive self-starter.
- Willingness to learn new technologies or processes, and comfortable with change.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.