Position Title: Senior Software Engineering Manager
Reports to: VP of Software Engineering
Department: Software Development
Are you an aspiring senior software engineering manager looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment? Then consider joining us here at Skillsoft in Hyderabad. We just started with building our next generation SaaS platform with a goal of being the “best in the industry”. Our platform lets our 6000+ customers consume content from a variety of sources with a strong focus on video, from any device, with features that fit the needs of learner. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are delivering on those needs with the platform you will be working on. You could be the one to help us achieve this goal!
The senior software engineering manager is a technical leadership role on the Skillsoft engineering team. Our engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for great leaders who can help us attract, mentor and retain more great engineers. We believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success and are looking for a senior manager who can coach these employees and help align their goals with organizational needs while building great software products.
- Coaching, mentoring and recruiting engineers that know what great software looks like, and want to create it.
- Facilitating continuous learning for yourself and your team
- Driving continuous improvement and technical excellence
- Helps the team adapt and improve SAFe practices
- Mentor engineering teams through formal and informal discussions, design reviews, technical presentations, peer code reviews, etc.
- Establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly
- Hands-on design and code implementation.
Knowledge and Skills
- 16+ years of strong software engineering background working with cloud based enterprise solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a manager
- Have demonstrated experience managing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them
- Experience leading high performing teams with local and remote members
- Very strong experience leading team in Agile culture and preferably SAFe
- Proficient at building engineering teams that ship with predictability and high quality
- Very strong and hands-on experience with open source tools and technologies such as node.js, react.js, Postgres, Kafka & Cassandra.
- Experience in continuous integration / continuous deployment processes
- Experience building java based public/private cloud solutions for large-scale enterprises
- Experience working with DevOps and experience with containerization and AWSto support internal engineering activities is a plus
Education and Certifications
Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science Preferred