Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Support all aspects of revenue accounting including recording revenue, forecasting revenue, and system administration.
- Work independently within established parameters, while providing timely and thorough communication with Sales, Finance and external customers.
- Prepare documentation and technical guidance in compliance with ASC 606.
- Assist with ERP system administration including configuration and report creation. NetSuite experience a strong plus.
- Work closely with both the Legal department, and Sales team in structuring customer deals while ensuring favorable business terms that are in-line with the Company’s revenue recognition model.
- Meet and build relationships with functional owners to create metrics, review performance and address business needs.
- Assist in all revenue recognition matters with the external audits.
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reports for the company’s Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Create and maintain databases necessary to support reporting requirements
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with SaaS revenue accounting.
- General GAAP and ASC 606 rules.
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail.Strong problem-solving skills.Meeting timelines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience working with business systems including SalesForce.com a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects with changing and competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills and relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Five years business experience in similar capacity. CPA and experience working in a nationally recognized accounting firm a plus.
for taking the time to learn more about us.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!