POSITION DESCRIPTION - Skillsoft
Snr. Customer Success Manager – Strategic Accounts
Manager, Customer Success
The Senior Customer Success Manager – Strategic Accounts (Snr. CSM – Strategic Accounts) is an integral member of the Skillsoft sales organisation. The Snr. CSM – Strategic Accounts will clearly articulate and demonstrate advanced learning methodologies and best practices to Skillsoft’s strategic customer base and is expected to share experiences with the Customer Success organisation.
The Snr. CSM – Strategic Accounts partners with the Skillsoft sales and services team to drive impactful value and develop existing customer relationships to secure renewal and growth. Leveraging tenured industry experience and strategic consulting expertise they are the primary account owner and trusted advisor to customer stakeholders and project teams and are responsible for driving program improvement, success and value throughout the customer lifecycle. The Snr. CSM – Strategic Accounts brings experience and knowledge in creating and driving impactful learning initiatives through the practice of Skillsoft’s strategic methodologies and emphasis on program efficiencies, effectiveness and outcomes. This role involves consulting with many levels and focuses on program design tied to organisational imperatives and business goals; strategic alignment; adoption, end-user experience; marketing and communication strategy planning and value measurement.
Snr. CSM – Strategic Accounts Responsibilities (in addition to Snr. CSM responsibilities)
- Manage our strategic accounts across Australia and New Zealand.
- Be the Learning and Talent industry expert for our Customer Success Organisation.
Snr. CSM responsibilities (in addition to CSM responsibilities)
- Manages more complex and strategic accounts that include global, enterprise accounts, complex TPLMS deployments, program management and multi-owner programs.
- Serves as a mentor to guide best practices to team members and new starters.
- Actively participates and contributes to key Customer Success Organisation projects that focus on operational and organisational effectiveness.
- Utilises experience and is recognised in the organisation as a SME in one or more disciplines within talent and learning, or digital technology.
- Frequently delivers presentations to organisational and client audiences including, Customer Success Global Meetings, Regional Meetings, Sales Conferences, Perspectives, etc.
- Accountable for enabling success throughout the customer lifecycle using Skillsoft consulting best practices and methodologies, to drive renewal and growth outcomes for designated customer accounts as assigned by the Manager, Customer Success.
- Responsible for overall management of relationships and projects and is the main point of contact for the account team and the customer. Establishes relationships with stakeholders and mobilizers across the customer organisation and enlists and manages internal Skillsoft resources including Client Service Consultants, Services, Technical Resources, and others throughout the lifecycle as needed.
- Responsible for planning and driving ongoing strategic account strategy (setting goals and priorities).
- Conduct quarterly customer reviews of overall account health including benchmarking, adoption trends and best practices.
- Achieve annual certification in the use of Skillsoft methodologies, models and tools used to drive customer success, renewals and growth.
- Responsible for customer monthly license consumption reporting and quarterly data analysis providing solution findings and trends.
- Responsible and accountable for the customer Account Health Record, keeping details current and meeting established goals.
- Responsible for entering key customer activities into Salesforce on a regular basis.
- Responsible for pursuing strategic alignment opportunities throughout the customer organisation.
- Responsible for vetting customer mapping requests to gain understanding of the initiative and deployment plan.
- Responsible for performing end-user audits for each customer and providing recommendations for improving the overall end-user experience.
- Maintain industry knowledge and trends via internal resources.
- Collaborate regularly and share best practices and successes with team.
- Engage the customer’s Learning and Talent Teams and other Key Organisational Stakeholders in ongoing expansion and refinement of the program strategy to achieve ongoing program success and value.
- As a vital extension of the Skillsoft Sales and Services Team, the CSM contributes to the achievement of revenue goals as a support resource for up-selling and renewal opportunities.
- Participates on project teams that contribute to the overall Customer Success Organisation.
- Direct customers to self-serve options provided in Skillsoft’s customer portal.
- Participate in ongoing development in areas such as Skillsoft product knowledge; customer lifecycle management; various Skillsoft internal tools; and professional development (including business acumen; consultative skills; time-management; organisation skills; project management and presentation skills).
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in Skillsoft content, learning design and technology.
- Channel technical issues to the appropriate resources and escalate customer satisfaction issues.
- This position description should be read in conjunction with the CSM Incentive Compensation Plan.
- Expertise in the talent and learning, or digital technology industry; proven ability to articulate features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding the customer's business drivers.
- Knowledge of IT and End User technology, Business Skills, Compliance and Competency Development with the ability to articulate their relevance to the organisation's learning and development needs.
- Knowledge of talent management and key organisational learning initiatives such as leadership development, management development and professional development.
- Expert knowledge in competency framework, needs assessments and ability to advise clients on learning solutions based on Skillsoft’s content library.
- Excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers, including business owners.
- Superior customer service skills demonstrating responsiveness, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Excellent facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings).
- Excellent presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings and exceptional knowledge of Webex.
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy.
- Effective project management and organisational skills specifically managing multi-solution, simple to complex, concurrent projects.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making that balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action.
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
- Ability to easily adapt to change as it relates to customer strategy, internal/external relationships and organisational direction.
- Proven project and resource management expertise as well as excellent data analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and sales team.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and proficient in Word and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification.
- 20 to 30% travel across Australia and New Zealand and the APAC region as and when required.
Building Organisational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organisation. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organisation are met
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiative – Recognises opportunities and initiates actions to capitalise on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.