Daily Provisions is your neighborhood kitchen where the food and hospitality are good enough visit every day. Operated by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, we have a dedicated following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and bacon, egg and cheese, grab a Milanese sandwich for lunch, and end their day with rotisserie chicken and hearty vegetables
The Key Supervisor (Hospitality or Kitchen) works closely with their respective reporting Manager at each Daily Provisions location to ensure that we offer a consistently phenomenal service, food and beverage program.
The Key Supervisor is a new Manager-in-Training position who leads the team when no Managers are present. The Key Supervisor is the most senior line-level staff member, actively acting as the lead trainer in their area when new employees are hired. They model excellence for all line-level employees and supports management in any and all daily tasks.
As a Key Supervisor, you will be able to:
- Operate all aspects of the front of house with laser focus on exceeding daily sales goals
- Perform opening and closing checklist duties
- Lead staff, ensuring all operational tasks get completed, and guests are given best-in-class service when manager is absent
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the front of house at all times
- Exhibit expert knowledge of culinary program, coffee program, beverage station and/ or line (where relevant)
- Must have intimate knowledge of DOH Standards and use these standards as a guide to keep cafe tidy, and team held accountable
- Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service, as needed
- Support the team (Hospitality and Kitchen) whenever needed (e.g, call-outs, catering, etc.)
- Respond to emergencies and use good judgement when there are incidents in the eatery
- Cultivate regulars and continue to find ways to strengthen the Daily Provisions community
As a Key Supervisor, you will have:
- 3+ years of operational experience in kitchens or service in a restaurant
- Excellent communications skills, ideally in two or more languages
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule
- Able to lift 50 pounds and multitask effectively
As a Key Supervisor, in addition to competitive pay, you’ll receive:
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave programs
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future after one year
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
Please apply with resume and cover letter by July 31st through our online system, Hirebridge.
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us and we are willing to train.