Make an impact as a Sous Chef at Daily Provisions!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Daily Provisions is your neighborhood kitchen where the food and hospitality are good enough visit every day. Operated by Danny Meyer’s USHG, we have a dedicated following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and bacon, egg and cheese, grab a Milanese sandwich for lunch, and end their day with rotisserie chicken and hearty vegetables.
Through inspirational leadership and methodical execution of processes, the Sous Chef at Daily Provisions motivates the kitchen and service teams to achieve top-line and bottom line revenue goals. They are responsible for building the team that flawlessly executes food beyond expectation. The Sous Chef works closely with the Lead on Culinary Operations, Sous Chefs at other locations, and the Production Manager to ensure that food is exceptional at all locations. Sous Chefs eagerly seek customer insight and feedback and dive into financial reports to drive the business. They float menu ideas to their colleagues on the culinary team to ensure that we are constantly improving our offerings.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Run the Kitchen business within expected labor and food cost percentages
- Holds team accountable to following all recipes and presentation specifications (including: standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards & ingredients) as set forth by Culinary Operations Lead
- Effectively expedite breakfast, lunch or dinner service
- Ensure consistent execution of food and timely flow of service
- Hold team accountable to set up/break down of kitchen
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 2+ years of Kitchen Management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a line cook in a fast paced, high volume kitchen
- Excellent knife skills
- NYCDOH Food Handlers License
- Kitchen Operations knowledge (flow of goods, cleaning supply usage, equipment usage, time management)
- Advanced knowledge of kitchen machinery and maintenance
- Problem solving and delegation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in two or languages preferred
- Bachelors or Culinary Degree preferred
Please apply with resume and cover letter by July 31st through our online system, Hirebridge.
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us and we are willing to train.