Administrator, Database II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- As a Database Administrator within the SumTotal Cloud Operations team, you will work on multiple SQL and NoSQL platforms, and have the opportunity to demonstrate your experience and your ability to learn quickly.
- Working closely with SumTotal DevOps and Engineering teams, you will engage in early testing of new releases and provide critical feedback to ensure operational ‘day 2’ requirements are considered.
- Contribute to the continued optimization of Production database hardware by identifying abusive transactions, configurations, and trends that result in unneeded systems stress.
- Participate in incident and escalation events to resolve acute issues and follow through with root cause analysis, preventative actions, and permanent solutions.
- Continually review and optimize monitoring systems and processes to provide the highest levels of performance, availability, and security.
- As a first point of contact or escalation point, you will provide time sensitive response and pro-active communication to different groups within the organization.
- Participate in the 24/7 rotational On-Call schedule
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration in a production environment
- Strong experience with configuration and advance features like In-memory OLTP, Query store and large-scale Microsoft SQL databases.
- Experienced with HA solutions like Always-On, Clustering, and log shipping.
- Query and database tuning skills
- Strong desire to keep current with knowledge of database technologies, mastering new technologies, and sharing that knowledge within the team.
- Experience installing DBMS patches and upgrades to Production servers with strict attention to detail with change control documentation and process.
- In depth knowledge of SQL Server Replication.
- Knowledge on SSIS – ETL implementation and optimization.
- Proficient in Database security concepts, database encryption techniques, and implementation.
- Experience with Oracle, RAC, RMAN, MySQL or one or more flavors of NoSQL will be a significant advantage.
- Proactive with a strong sense-of-urgency and competitive drive.
- An appreciation for data and a “data-first” approach to problem solving
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.