Position Overview/ Job Summary
Senior Technical Support Engineer will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s global customer base. As a member of SumTotal Customer Support, Technical Support Engineers provide real-time technical support on SumTotal Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers and by using SumTotal's internal incident tracking system. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success using our products.
- Developing a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s range of enterprise products
- Solve basic common user problems in real time, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues
- Communicating with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media as applicable regarding technically complex problems identified in SumTotal’s software products, and maintaining effective customer relations
- Escalate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate technical staff
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive other teams as needed, set customer expectations accordingly.
- Resolve incidents in a timely manner as per SLA’s.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and mentoring support to junior team members
- 6-8 years of experience
- Technical and practical expertise in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server or Oracle
- Strong customer service focus
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Graduation in Engineering / Sciences or a Post graduate degree in Computer Sciences
- Background in application support & SAAS environment isadvantageous
- Must be willing to work in shifts