Make a meaningful impact as a BOH Concession Stand Worker at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Back of House Concession Stand Workers are seasonal, high-volume hourly food service positions and our ideal candidates are not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage. You will work with the Union Square Events team at Citi Field, home of the New York Mets.
Concessions include: Shake Shack, Blue Smoke on the Road, El Verano Taqueria/Box Frites and Papa Rosso
Available Positions: Cook, Food Service Handler, Porter
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1+ years previous food service experience
- Knowledge of concession-style food, service, and beverage programs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights, and weekends
- Enforcement of Safety / Sanitation Standards
- General Knife Handling
- Meat Cookery
- Knowledge of DOH policies and practices
- Kitchen Cleaning / Sanitation
- Ability to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch more than 50% of the time
- Ability to repeatedly lift heavy objects ranging from 10 – 50lbs
- Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures
- NYC DoHaMH Qualifying Certificate in Food Protection is a plus