SumTotal, a Skillsoft Company is currently seeking a Customer Sales Director to join our Mid-Market Sales Team (Employers with 1500-3000 employees). This position is an individual contributor, quota bearing sales rep focused on selling enterprise-wide integrated HR solutions using SumTotal’s consultative solution selling techniques. These products include Learning, Workforce Management, Performance & Talent solutions as well as Professional Services. This role is focused on closing deals by working with small to medium sized organizations, the mid-market.
- Manage the sales component of the customer relationship with assigned portfolio of customers.
- Drive new bookings and customer satisfaction by proactively calling out the prospect base within the assigned territory and into the assigned customer base alongside the assigned Customer Success Manager.
- Position and sell additional products and services as well as expand the footprint of existing modules in the customer base.
- Uncover and build on new cross-sell opportunities
- Work with the assigned Customer Success Manager to facilitate the contract renewal process with customer
- Penetrate new territories and close customer opportunities to build a steady pipeline of business.
- Identify, call on, and interact with the senior level executives at targeted companies.
- Educate prospect executives about SumTotal solutions within the HR software space, both through individual efforts as well as through coordination with the Customer Success Manager and VAT (virtual account team).
- Produce consistent, accurate activity and sales reporting using the company’s standardized tracking and reporting tools (including Salesforce.com) to communicate with senior management and members of the marketing, inside sales and outside sales teams.
- Keep sales pipeline up-to-date and accurately forecast future business.
- Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of SumTotal products and solutions, the HR software space, in-depth product and service knowledge, and be proficient at coordinating customer interaction, and answering customer and prospect questions about the company’s strategy, products (including feature sets), functionality and pricing.
- Develop sales strategies and plans to achieve revenue attainment and territory growth.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of commission sales experience in the software industry preferred
- College degree preferred
- Experience in Human Capital Management space either as a customer or provider working with such products as Oracle, Taleo, SAP, Successfactors, Cornerstone, Saba, etc. preferred
- Ability to travel 35-50% of the time
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!