Senior Project Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
Will you be next to join our team?
- Focus on the delivery and implementation of SumTotal Systems' suite of products to enable our customer’s anticipated business outcomes.
- Leads the implementation of enterprise wide HCM solutions for our customers
- Oversee implementations provided by our partner network on behalf of our customers.
- Manage multiple projects with different size organizations.
- Manage and build client relationships with key decision makers from project inception to post-implementation; ensure customer satisfaction.
- Oversee installation and client acceptance of SumTotal product suites.
- Organize, lead and act as the SumTotal representative in remote and onsite customer project meetings. Produce minutes from these meetings and ensure actions are completed as agreed.
- Monitor on-site and remote day-to-day activities between the customer and SumTotal personnel.
- Review progress on projects managed by our partner network and utilize built partner and customer relationships to enable successful project outcomes.
- Interact with sales, systems engineering, product development, and hosting operations to ensure continuity between the departments.
- Provide project management information to the customer in line with SumTotal governance standards. This will include, but is not limited to; financial reports, status reports, work plans, issue lists, agreed actions, risk notification, impact resolution plans, and lessons learned reports.
- Plan and manage project schedule, resources, scope, and budget.
- Define and own corrective action plans and escalations in the event of any deviation from the project plan.
- Manage multiple ongoing projects from initiation through delivery utilizing Microsoft Project and other project management software.
• Manage project deliverables to ensure they remain in scope of the statement of work, and where deliverables fall out of scope, use the agreed change control procedures.
• Maintain a project repository with all associated documentation and deliverables
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have experience managing projects as a billable consultant
- Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience implementing Enterprise level software solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and lead cross functional teams and professionals of all levels
- Proven cross-functional team success
- Proven ability to define and document gap analyses and proposed solutions
- Ability to deliver on-schedule and within budget
- Able to plan & prioritize own workload to meet conflicting, varied and demanding deadlines
- Planning and organizational skills to determine what needs to be done to deliver multiple projects with defined timescales, and to ensure this happens
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- PMP certification (or willing to work towards)
- Experience in E-Learning or Talent Management Solutions
- Up to 25% travel
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.