Customer Sales Director, SMB
*Please note this is an individual contributor role*
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Manage the sales component of the customer relationship with assigned portfolio of customers.
- Drive new bookings and customer satisfaction by proactively calling out the prospect base within the assigned territory and into the assigned customer base alongside the assigned Customer Success Manager.
- Position and sell additional products and services as well as expand the footprint of existing modules in the customer base.
- Uncover and build on new cross-sell opportunities
- Work with the assigned Customer Success Manager to facilitate the contract renewal process with customer
- Penetrate new territories and close customer opportunities to build a steady pipeline of business.
- Identify, call on, and interact with the senior level executives at targeted companies.
- Educate these executives about SumTotal solutions within the HR software space, both through individual efforts as well as through coordination with the Customer Success Manager and VAT (virtual account team).
- Must produce consistent, accurate activity and sales reporting using the company’s standardized tracking and reporting tools (including salesforce.com) to communicate with senior management and members of the marketing, inside sales and outside sales teams.
- Keep sales pipeline up-to-date and accurately forecast future business.
- Demonstrate and maintain an understanding of SumTotal products and solutions, the HR software space, in-depth product and service knowledge, and be proficient at coordinating customer interaction, and answering customer and prospect questions about the company’s strategy, products (including feature sets), functionality and pricing.
- Develop sales strategies and plans to achieve revenue attainment and territory growth.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of commission sales experience in the software industry
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Previous experience preferred.
- Experience in Human Capital Management space either as a customer or provider working with such products as Oracle, Taleo, SAP, Successfactors, Cornerstone, Saba, etc.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.