Make a meaningful impact as a Beverage Manager at Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
An integral member of the USHG leadership team, this position must lead, inspire and embody our Family Values and our philosophy of Enlightened Hospitality in all interactions with our people, guests, vendors and the community.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Key Responsibilities (More details here)
- Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of the Beverage Program at Maialino
- Maintain a high-quality, high-functioning bar
- Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 3 years management experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Bartender experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail