Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York's most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, and Porchlight to name a few!
Line Cooks start at $15/hour, with revenue sharing, full benefits, and jaw dropping panoramic views of New York City from our space on the 60th floor of the 28 Liberty building! You'll get the opportunity to work alongside Executive Chef, Jason Pfeifer, who began his career with USHG at Gramercy Tavern, then trained at Noma and Per Se before joining the opening team of Maialino. The ideal candidate will be friendly, devoted, curious, and have a strong passion for food and hospitality.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining Credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift
- Keeps a clean, safe, organized workstation
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues