Software Engineer II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in e-Learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent.
Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
be next to join our team?
- Join our team as we build out our flagship product using modern programming languages, tools, and methodologies.
- Work with cutting-edge technology including ReactJS, NodeJS, GraphQL, Ruby, Rails, Elixir/Phoenix, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Collaborate with delivery team members during both design and development phases to implement services that adhere to UI architectural standards and best practices.
- Work with team to provide consistent user experience with an effective, consistent implementation.
- Build modular, reusable components that can be leveraged across product UI.
- Collaborate with front- and back-end developers, DevOps, and QA daily through working on a product Squad.
- Assist team with the design for an optimal and efficient implementation in a CI/CD environment.
- Implement backend APIs for front-end solutions within a CI/CD environment for Percipio’s Learner platform.
- Provide JSON and GraphQL APIs to the front-end that is mainly written in React.
- Assist with the improvement in Development and Testing practices that will lead to increased performance of the application.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in web development, working with a front-end framework such as React, Angular, Bootstrap or backend solutions for front end (NodeJS, GraphQL, Elixir, or Ruby, Rails )
- B.S. Computer Science or similar degree or M.S. Computer Science or similar degree with 1 year experience
- Understanding of application designs, SaaS, and web development technologies.
- Knowledge of open source performance testing tools.
- Experience in developing GraphQL applications with Apollo is a plus.
- A strong understanding of approaches and techniques to optimize web performance.
- Experience with using containers tools like Docker, Kubernetes, or similar is a plus..
- Experience working as a team player in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas.
- Ability to pick up new technologies.
- Agile mindset.
for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.