Daily Provisions is your neighborhood kitchen where the food and people are good enough visit every day. Operated by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, we have a dedicated following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and bacon, egg and cheese, grab a Milanese sandwich for lunch, and end their day with rotisserie chicken and hearty vegetables.
Through inspirational leadership and methodical execution of processes, the General Manager at Daily Provisions recruits and motivates the kitchen and service teams to achieve top-line and bottom-line revenue goals. They are responsible for building the team that flawlessly executes on the spectacular food and warm hospitality that our guests expect.
As a key member of the Daily Provisions’ small leadership team, the General Manager does more than manage an eatery. They are responsible for advancing a critical area of the business, like culinary operations, dine away business growth, or service and hospitality operations. This dual-pronged approach to job accountability ensures that our top talent has eyes on the operations as we develop scale-able systems for profitable growth.
At this time, we are seeking a general manager who brings exemplary data analysis and financial acumen to our leadership team.
As a General Manager, you will be able to:
- Exceed financial and profitability goals by building top-line sales and managing expenses
- Use financial data and guest feedback to improve business performance
- Always serve food done better than our guests ever expected
- Develop the annual budget strategy with Managing Director and hold teams accountable to that budget
- Select and retain top talent. General Managers are always on the lookout for underleveraged talent-- building for growth
- Ensure compliance with all employment policies and lead performance measurement initiatives
- Be the visible face of the brand, always modeling warm hospitality in interactions with guests and vendors
- Maintain an impeccable facility to welcome staff and guests
- Act as a key member of the small leadership team of Daily Provisions
- Develop and foster community relationships to raise the profile of your eatery and create loyal regulars
As a General Manager, you will have:
- 7+ years of professional experience and track record of leading growth and transformation projects.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong literacy in digital platforms, technology, finance and data
- Experience goring high output food businesses
- The ability to motivate and influence cross functional teams
- Strong analytical skills; including previous P&L management and results driven performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally in two or more languages
- MBA or advanced degree highly preferred
As a General Manager, in addition to competitive pay, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Competitive paid parental leave programs
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future after one year
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your professional growth
Please apply with resume and cover letter by July 31st through our online system, Hirebridge here: http://hrbrg.co/pik4th
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us and we are willing to train