Daily Provisions is your neighborhood kitchen where the food and hospitality are good enough visit every day. Operated by Danny Meyer’s USHG, we have a dedicated following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and bacon, egg and cheese, grab a Milanese sandwich for lunch, and end their day with rotisserie chicken and hearty vegetables.
Through strong leadership and execution of processes, the Chef de Cuisine at Daily Provisions hires and motivates the BOH and Production kitchen team to make spectacular food for Daily Provisions.
The Chef de Cuisine works with the Lead on Culinary Operations to drive menu changes that will cultivate regulars while maintaining budgeted food and labor costs. They research and develop new menu items, costs them correctly, and implements those changes in the production kitchen. They also head-up efforts to ensure that we are offering equally as delicious food across locations. They also lead effort to ensure that we are offering consistent and delicious food across locations.
As a Chef de Cuisine, you will be able to:
- Run the production kitchen within expected labor and food cost percentages.
- Hold team accountable to following all recipes (including but not limited to: standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards & ingredients) as set forth by Culinary Operations Lead
- Work closely with Culinary Operations Lead on developing new menu items that will drive sales, cultivate regulars, and keep the Daily Provisions brand relevant and crave-able.
- Maintain production systems like: order guides, build sheets and recipes.
- Works with Kitchen Managers to ensure proper execution of dishes during service.
- Order from vendors in order to maintain the appropriate amount of product in house.
- Educate staff on all food items, culinary procedures, and relevant product sourcing information
- Hire and train team according to standards for hospitality and culinary excellence. Including but not limited to interviewing candidates, setting up trails and training schedules.
- Responsible for production cook employee scheduling; compliance with labor laws and timely posting of schedule
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
- Uphold a deep cleaning schedule of the back of house areas.
- Maintain a clean and stocked workplace, prep area, kitchen area, storage area and walk-in.
As a Chef de Cuisine, you will have:
- 3+ years of Kitchen Management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a line cook in a fast paced, high volume kitchen
- Excellent knife skills
- NYCDOH Food Handlers License
- Kitchen Operations knowledge (flow of goods, cleaning supply usage, equipment usage, time management)
- Advanced knowledge of kitchen machinery and maintenance
- Problem solving and delegation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in two or more languages preferred
- Bachelors or Culinary Degree preferred
As a Chef de Cuisine, in addition to competitive pay, you’ll receive:
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave programs
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future after one year
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
Please apply with resume and cover letter by July 31st through our online system, Hirebridge: http://hrbrg.co/anioba
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us and we are willing to train