Daily Provisions is your neighborhood kitchen where the food and people are good enough visit every day. Operated by Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, we have a dedicated following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and bacon, egg and cheese, grab a Milanese sandwich for lunch, and end their day with rotisserie chicken and hearty vegetables.
Through strong leadership and flawless execution of processes, the Hospitality Manager at Daily Provisions motivates team members to exceed sales goals, while actively containing labor and beverage costs. They are responsible for leading the team that offers warm, genuine hospitality every day.
The Hospitality Manager works closely with the Lead on Hospitality Operations and the Hospitality Managers at other locations to ensure that we offer consistently phenomenal service, including a best-in-class coffee and beverage program.
The Hospitality Managers eagerly respond to customer feedback and dive into financial reports and use that data to improve service. They bring entrepreneurial ideas for improving guest experience to the Lead on Hospitality Operations to ensure that Daily Provisions offering better hospitality all of the time.
Daily Provisions’ magic is our people and the Hospitality Manager mines for excellent team members, mentors new leaders, and sets the high bar of excellence that inspires their Team.
As a Hospitality Manager, you will be able to:
- Operate all aspects of the front of house with laser focus on exceeding daily sales goals
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the front of house at all times
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to the creation of scheduling, menus, employee check in)
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members
- Exhibit expert knowledge of the coffee program and beverage station. Train and manage Team Members.
- Must have intimate knowledge of DOH Standards and use these standards as a guide to keep café tidy, and team held accountable
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods
- Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service, as needed
- Cultivate regulars and continue to find ways to strengthen the Daily Provisions community
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
- Takes the administrative lead for the business which includes vendor relationships and office management
- In close collaboration with the kitchen, maintains menu accuracy across all channels.
- Acts as the Key Manager when working- including opening and closing the restaurant and checking accountability of all staff
As a Hospitality Manager, you will have:
- 5+ years of operations experience in hospitality
- 2+ year of management experience
- Comfort discussing financial statements and the relationship with business
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Full cycle project management: ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills, ideally in more than one language
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- Excellent Dining Room and Facilities Operations Knowledge
As a Hospitality Manager, in addition to competitive pay, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave programs
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future after one year
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
Please apply with resume and cover letter by July 31st through our online system, Hirebridge here: http://hrbrg.co/opf0od
We are hiring for various roles—talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us and we are willing to train